Thursday, October 11, 2007

Germany, thank you for not smoking

Ok, I've been waiting for a picture, but I think it's going to take too long to wait for the cable to hook my camera to my compy. . . . The title today doesn't really encapsulate my experience here at all. I'm just sitting here at my compy next to a window that should be open to prevent mildew but usually ends up closed because of a chain smoker who lives right belos us. It's rather annoying, not to mention it tends to scare away the five or six bunnies that like to come and munch on the lawn out back. The black forest is beautiful, and right outside our window. The 3rd of October is German unity day (when west Germany and east Germany reunited), and everything was closed so George and I went walking. We felt like Hansel and Gretel. We found one of those signs that shows you what flora and fauna are in the wilds you are walking in. Although the fauna listed were surprising (including foxes, eagles, and wild boars) the flora were even more so – and amusing. The sign listed 9 or 10 different kinds of mushrooms. Which tasted good, which tasted bad, and which killed you. Later we saw an older-than-us couple out walking with a bag strike off the path . . . mmmmmmmm

No comments: